credit- leehansen.com

Sunday, November 24, 2013

33 Day Challenge: A New Technique

Our challenge was to do a new technique to us. I decided to try dry water marbling. The tutorial I used is here and was created by Nuthin' but a Nail Thing.

I also totally admit that I got my manicure inspiration from Mucking Fusser for my accent nails.

At first I had just used Billie Jean by Colors by Llarowe on my pinky and pointer nails (a nice dark red shimmer) but then I also used Lumina Lacquers Sorcerer's Haunted Mansion.

On my other nails, I used Lilypad Lacquer Luscious Larimer  (a pale blue with light pink shimmer) as a base color. The marble colors are Lilypad Lacquer Sparkling Embers (a dark red to green color shift with sparkle) and Darling Diva We Are the Champions (a green-to-gold color shift with shimmer)

 I love how this turned out. I think it looks almost like foil. It isn't as fancy as most people's water marble designs by far, but I think you can still see a pattern- and I picked out 2 that seemed to be a mirror image of each other.

Here are the other lovely ladies who did this challenge:


No comments:

Post a Comment