credit- leehansen.com

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

33 Day Challenge: Artwork Featuring your Favorite Polish

Today's challenge was to do artwork featuring your favorite polish (Well I should have double checked, it was actually our favorite 3 so I may redo this one in the future) As some of you may know, the reason for my blog name is because of Cosmic Ocean by Girly Bits. It's a really great color for layering and it has a beautiful blue/green shift with shimmer as well. I'm always amazed how even in low light the blue that it picks up is the most beautiful shade of blue ever!


The base colors I used (from pointer to pinky) are: Revlon Royal, a blue custom with holo from Carpe Noctem Cosmetics (Emily actually sent me a new one that she liked better, so this is the newer version! I had no issues with the older one, so I thought that was really cool of her.)  Sizzlin Liz by Colors by Llarowe, and Revlon Royal again,

Then I layered Silent Night by Carpe Noctem Cosmetics on my ring and middle nails. It is in a sheer light blue base, which I wanted to test over 2 of the blues in this mani. I think it compliments them both well, although the stars stand out better over a darker color.
I didn't have to try very hard to "fish" for any of the star glitters at all. They fit very well to the brush and they didn't keep falling back into the bottle.
 I did want to place them a certain way on my nail, so I dabbed them on, but that isn't necessary- this is color is very, very easy to apply.
With flash:
Without flash:




Here are the other lovely ladies who did this challenge:

No comments:

Post a Comment